Skillful New York Lawyers Help Pedestrian Victims of Car Accidents
Respected Rockland County attorneys seek damages for people injured on foot
Thousands of people in New York are hospitalized each year due to traffic-related pedestrian accidents. The attorneys of Orak & Associates, PC in Pearl River help victims of pedestrian accidents to hold negligent drivers accountable for the physical, emotional and economic impact consequences of their conduct. Our lawyers explain the avenues that clients may take to collect compensation from drivers in Rockland County and New York City. We provide guidance in insurance claims and take personal injury lawsuits to court.
Experienced bike injury attorneys seek compensation for full costs of injuries
When cars and pedestrians collide, the pedestrian often experiences far worse injuries than anyone in the vehicle. Traumatic brain injuries, spinal trauma, fractures, organ damage and significant scarring can leave victims with lasting physical pain and emotional distress, and the need for long-term medical care. Our attorneys take care to account for your current and future accident-related expenses when determining how much money to seek through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. We use evidence to substantiate our calculations, and staunchly assert your entitlement to compensation.
New York’s no-fault law allows a pedestrian hit by a car to claim against the driver’s no-fault insurance coverage, known as Personal Injury Protection (PIP). It covers your medical bills and other economic costs to the same extent that PIP would cover the driver. In the case of a hit and run or an insured driver, you can claim against New York’s Motor Vehicle Accident Indemnification Corporation.
Determined law firm demonstrates driver negligence for pedestrian accidents
For serious injuries that go beyond PIP coverage, you can seek to hold the driver liable by proving careless or reckless actions, such as:
- Distracted driving — Distracted drivers have caused many avoidable pedestrian accidents. Phone records and witness testimony may be used to prove a driver let their attention stray.
- Turning right on red — Whether or not an intersection allows drivers to turn right on red, a pedestrian in a crosswalk has the right of way.
- Ignoring traffic signs — A driver who hits a pedestrian after running a stop sign, speeding or ignoring another traffic law may give the pedestrian little or no chance to get out of harm’s way.
- Failure to check blind spots — Drivers who fail to check blind spots might not see a person walking on either side of their vehicle.
- Drugs or alcohol — A driver’s perception and reaction time may be altered by consuming alcohol or taking drugs, with dangerous consequences.
If you were hurt as a pedestrian and you were partly at fault for the accident, New York law still allows you to recover partial damages from the driver or drivers involved.
Contact trusted Pearl River pedestrian accident attorneys to schedule a free consultation
Located in Pearl River, New York, Orak & Associates, PC represents victims of pedestrian accidents throughout Rockland County and New York City. To schedule your free initial consultation, call 917-216-8819 or contact us online.