Reputable Rockland County law firm represents victims of animal attacks
Even animals that are usually docile can have a potential to do harm in certain circumstances. The experienced personal injury attorneys at Orak & Associates, PC help victims hold pet owners accountable for dog bites and animal attacks in New York City and Rockland County. From our office in Pearl River, New York, we provide effective legal representation in claiming compensation for emergency room care, physical therapy and other necessary medical expenses. In settlement negotiations and in litigation, we work zealously to win our clients the maximum recovery available.
Accomplished attorneys sue owners of dangerous and vicious dogs
Under New York law, owners of dangerous dogs are strictly liable to victims of unprovoked attacks. The owner is responsible for paying the victim's medical bills. However, the owner may also be liable for other accident expenses — such as the victim's lost wages or pain and suffering —if the dog had a known vicious propensity. That means the dog had displayed behavior in the past that would indicate a potential to attack people or other animals. An owner's actions to restrain or confine the dog may indicate the owner had knowledge of the animal's ferocity. When you retain our firm, our hardworking lawyers will carefully review the details of the animal attack and advise you on the types of compensation that may be available to you. We are determined to obtain the outcomes our clients desire.
Experienced legal team helps dog bite victims seek damages for a range of injuries
A dog attack can cause a wide range of serious injuries, including:
- Punctures and lacerations — A dog bite that breaks the skin may result in serious damage to the tissues, muscles and nerves. A victim may be left with painful scarring.
- Head trauma — A dog may jump and knock a person to the ground, leaving the person with a concussion or fractured skull.
- Broken bones — Some dogs are so strong that their bites can break bones. Fractures also occur when victims fall at an unnatural angle or hurt their wrists or arms in breaking their fall.
- Blunt force trauma — A dog's molars may cause trauma or crushing injuries without breaking the skin. Vascular damage, internal bleeding and neurological injuries are possible.
- Emotional distress — An animal attack is a traumatic event and may leave a victim with anxiety, depression and other forms of mental anguish.
People injured in animal attacks may require multiple treatments to regain physical and mental health. Our lawyers strategically negotiate settlements designed to recover the full extent of past medical costs and account for future therapy expenses.
Contact accomplished Rockland County lawyers for advice after a dog bite attack
Located in Pearl River, New York, the lawyers of Orak & Associates, PC help Rockland County and New York City dog bite victims to hold pet owners liable for accident expenses. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our attorneys, call 917-216-8819 or contact us online.