Trusted New York Lawyers Represent Clients Hurt By Distracted Drivers
Dedicated Pearl River help victims win due compensation
A few seconds of driver inattention can lead to a bad accident, causing physical harm, emotional trauma and heavy financial costs. The lawyers of Orak & Associates, PC in Pearl River, New York work passionately to hold distracted drivers accountable. We represent clients in Rockland County, New York City and Northern New Jersey, obtaining them fair and adequate reimbursement through insurance negotiations and personal injury lawsuits.
Skilled law firm investigates accident scenes for evidence of driver negligence
Drivers are under a legal duty to avoid unreasonably endangering others or interfering with the free and proper use of the road. Any activity that diverts a driver’s eyes or attention has the potential to cause loss of control of the vehicle. At the time of your accident, a reckless driver may have been distracted by:
- Use of a hand-held device — In 2001, New York became the first state to ban people from using hand-held cell phones while driving. Unfortunately, many drivers still use phones to text, read emails and engage in conversations.
- Eating — When a driver allows food to pull their attention from the road, the driver is not fully focused on operating the vehicle.
- Rummaging — A driver who rummages for an item in the passenger seat, side door compartments or elsewhere in the car can easily let their hands, eyes and mind stray from the wheel.
- Grooming — The car is no place to shave, craft a hairstyle or perform a manicure. Yet, grooming is a common form of distracted driving.
- Handling an unsecured pet — A dog or other pet may block a driver’s mirrors or windows, making it impossible for the driver to see nearby vehicles and pedestrians.
Our team looks for evidence that the driver in your accident was distracted in some way. We subpoena cell phone records, inspect photographic and video documentation of the scene, collect witness testimony and carefully examine the police report.
Accomplished distracted driving attorneys assert rights of crash victims
New York is a no-fault state, which means you must initially file a claim with your own insurance policy’s Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage for your medical expenses and other out-of-pocket costs resulting from an accident. However, if you suffer a serious injury like a bone fracture, disfigurement or paralysis, can claim directly against the driver at fault and claim damages that exceed your PIP coverage, including pain and suffering. At all stages in the claims process, our firm assembles medical evidence documenting your injuries and negotiates with insurance companies to obtain a fair and adequate settlement. If needed, we will not hesitate to pursue litigation in court.
Contact respected New York distracted driving accident attorneys for a free consultation
The lawyers at Orak & Associates, PC in Pearl River, New York bring claims on behalf of people who suffer injuries in distracted driving accidents in Rockland County, New York City and Northern New Jersey. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 917-216-8819 or contact us online.