Knowledgeable New York Lawyers Handle Premises Liability Cases
Committed Pearl River law firm represents clients hurt on unsafe property
Property owners and operators are required to keep their premises in a condition that is reasonably safe for guests and other lawful entrants. If you are injured due to a hazard on someone’s property, you may be able to hold them liable for your resulting medical expenses and other damages. The lawyers of Orak & Associates, PC in Pearl River represent people hurt in premises accidents in Rockland County and New York City. Regardless of the type or severity of the injury you have suffered, we will dedicate our efforts to getting you the compensation needed.
Hardworking Rockland County attorneys establish property owner negligence
A premises liability lawsuit may be justified against a property owner who created, or failed to prevent, a dangerous condition that causes harm to a visitor. Some hazards that show up on poorly maintained properties include:
- Wet or uneven floors — Slippery floors, damaged stairs and potholes are common causes for slip, trip and fall injuries.
- Obstructed walkways — A path or hallway cluttered with objects or littered with debris can be an obstacle course for passersby.
- Insufficient security — A commercial property manager who does not try to prevent foreseeable harm to guests, such as by installing locks and security cameras, may be liable to visitors for injuries resulting from accidents or criminal activity.
- Toxic conditions — Exposure to carbon monoxide, black mold or other unsafe substances can result from inadequate property maintenance.
- Unsafe elevators — New York has strict laws meant to ensure elevator safety. A property owner who hires an unlicensed repair person puts a building’s occupants in danger. A licensed elevator inspector who forges an inspection report may also be liable to people injured.
When you retain our firm as your counsel, we make prompt efforts to collect and preserve evidence that may become crucial to holding the property owner liable for your injuries.
Determined lawyers strive to help victims recoup full scope of injury costs
Unsafe property conditions can lead to all kinds of injuries, from hip fractures and concussions to chronic illnesses. Sizable medical bills often accompany the physical and emotional devastation of these injuries and you may also suffer loss of income from being unable to work. Our goal is to help you obtain the money you need to pay for the immediate and long-term costs of your injury. If the negligent property owner is unwilling to offer a satisfactory settlement, we will present a persuasive case against them at trial.
Contact accomplished Rockland County premises liability lawyers for a free consultation
The skilled premises liability attorneys at Orak & Associates, PC in Pearl River, New York help victims of negligent property owners pursue compensation through the courts of Rockland County and New York City. To schedule a free initial consultation with our office, call 917-216-8819 or contact us online.