New York Construction Accident Lawyers Represent Injured Workers
Reputable Pearl River firm helps injured clients seek financial compensation
New York is home to one of the largest construction sectors in the nation, employing hundreds of thousands of workers. Unfortunately, construction sites are not always managed or operated safely, and serious accidents often occur. The attorneys of Orak & Associates, PC in Pearl River provide committed support for workers injured in site accidents in New York City, Rockland County and Northern New Jersey. Our dedicated legal team offers thorough and reliable advocacy in workers’ compensation cases and personal injury lawsuits, focused on achieving the monetary recovery our clients need and deserve.
Experienced Rockland County attorneys identify unsafe construction practices
Most construction site accidents are the result of negligence, which is the failure to exercise reasonable care under the circumstances. Severe injuries and fatalities at construction sites are often attributable to one or more of the following common causes:
- Falls — Falling off a ladder, scaffolding or roof could result in a traumatic brain injury, damage to the spinal cord, broken bones and internal hemorrhaging, among other severe conditions.
- Object strikes — Construction sites are full of heavy objects that become dangerous projectiles if released from heights. An impact to the head or body may inflict irreparable damage.
- Machine accidents — Injuries are frequently caused by malfunctioning or mishandled mechanical equipment on sites, including cranes and other lifting and moving machinery.
- Electrocution — Faulty wiring and other OSHA violations are often to blame for electrocutions. Electrocution may cause internal injuries, thermal burns or cardiac arrest.
- Collapses —A structural collapse or trench cave in can cause catastrophic crushing and compression injuries.
Our lawyers will investigate the details surrounding your construction accident to determine who can be held responsible for your medical bills, lost wages and other expenses.
Determined lawyers pursue workers’ compensation claims and litigate against responsible third parties
Workers’ compensation is your sole remedy against your employer for injuries suffered on a worksite. If your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance approves your claim after a construction accident, the insurer will pay your medical bills as well as two-thirds of your income until you can go back to work.
However, you have a right to sue third parties who may have contributed to causing your accident, such as contractors, subcontractors and other service providers. Lawsuits against these parties can recover damages not allowed in workers’ compensation cases, such as pain and suffering.
Our goal is to help you obtain the maximum reimbursement available for your economic damages and noneconomic damages. We are effective settlement negotiators and fierce advocates at trial.
Contact skilled Pearl River construction accident attorneys to schedule a free consultation
From our office in Pearl River, New York, the lawyers of Orak & Associates, PC represent clients in construction site accident cases in New York City, Rockland County and Northern New Jersey. To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our attorneys, call 917-216-8819 or contact us online.