New York Attorneys Skilled in Representing Clients Suffering Head and Spinal Injuries
Rockland County firm seeks compensation for victims of life-changing accidents
Head and spinal injuries caused by accidents can be permanently debilitating and sometimes fatal. The most severe of these injuries involve nerve damage and paralysis, with consequent loss of ability to work and to carry on a normal life. The Pearl River law firm of Orak & Associates, PC has represented clients in accidents that resulted in head and spinal injuries in Rockland County, New York City and Northern New Jersey and surrounding areas. We help accident victims obtain the compensation they need for medical expenses, lost wages, home health care and other costs that can put these individuals and their families in serious financial jeopardy.
Pearl River lawyers familiar with all types of head and spinal injuries
Head or spinal injuries can be suffered in construction accidents, automobile and motorcycle crashes, slips and falls, sports injuries and other incidents. The most serious of these injuries involve direct impact to the head, a penetrating wound or direct trauma to the spine. Common injuries include:
- Herniated disk — This damage results from tears in the outer fibers of a spinal disc brought on by increased stress to the spinal joint, affecting nearby nerves.
- Fractured vertebrae — This can occur when bones are pushed together and collapse or when pieces of bone fracture into tissues around the spine, affecting the nerves and spinal cord.
- Dislocated vertebrae — When ligaments are torn, the bones in the spine may slide away from each other, affecting nearby nerves.
- Spinal cord injury — Damage to any part of the spinal cord or connecting nerves can cause permanent changes in strength, sensation, limb control and bodily functions.
- Paralysis — This most severe form of injury can affect all or part of the trunk, arms, legs or pelvic organs.
Our firm has successfully settled and litigated head and spinal injury cases because we are knowledgeable about what it takes to prove the injury was the result of the accident in question and about how to demonstrate the negligence of the responsible party.
Experienced personal injury firm explores full range of recoverable damages
Severe head and spinal injuries can leave victims with long-term disabilities. Many victims are wheelchair-bound or otherwise immobilized. The financial cost of their injuries is often extremely high. Our lawyers work hard to obtain the compensation you deserve. We negotiate forcefully with insurance companies and their counsel but do not hesitate to go to trial if needed to protect our clients’ interests.
Contact reputable Pearl River head and spine injury attorneys to schedule a free consultation
Located in Pearl River, New York, Orak & Associates, PC represents victims of head and spinal injuries throughout Rockland County, New York City and Northern New Jersey. To schedule your free initial consultation, call 917-216-8819 or contact us online.